Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just the Beginning

So welcome!
Anyone who might be reading this...
Let me give you a little background about myself:
I am currently sixteen years of age, I will be a senior in high school. I have a ton of friends and a fully active social life, which also means a very dramatic social life. But hey, its high school drama should be its middle name.. if it had one, that is.
When trying to narrow it down to my best friends I still have a lot. Both of the male and the female verity.
I am involved with Cheerleading, Band, FFA, 4-H, Speech and Debate, AP classes (or the smart kid groups), and attempting to push my way into the Theater crowd. Hmm so yea I am very involved at school.
At home I have both a mother and a father that are together after 20 years of marriage. Even though their marriage isn't doing the greatest right now I am sure everything will pull through. I have five other siblings. Four brothers and my wonderful sister. Cameron, the eldest, will be 20 in August and I am extremely proud to say that he is special. Literally, he is special needs but more importantly he is special to me and to a lot of people. The other three brothers (Nicholas, Dakota, and Ryan) are all younger than me but soon to be entering the pubescent stage of life which scares the daylights out of me. My sister is Brittany she is 18 and just graduated high school! I love her dearly! I do live on a farm in Montana, no I am not a hick nor do I ride my horses to school, but I live here in this beautiful place doing what I must, pushing on through life.
Ah, relationship wise. Currently I do not know what I am. Single or in a relationship. Confused? I am too don't worry. I shall explain... later. But basically I just gave away my first kiss to a boy I really, really like. We have been really good friends for over a year. He is on vacation currently, in another country, on another continent, half way around the world. But he gets back in a week so I will hopefully have some good news for you by then!
Well at this point if you still think that I, the cheer leading band geek, and the smart kid theater/farmer gal, sound like a pretty normal girl then say no more, I need not to prove my Not-So-Averageness. It should show its way as you (hopefully) keep reading.
So some of my interests, lets see.
Favorite Comedian: Dane Cook, so if I seem to quote him a lot take no mind. I do love him.
Favorite Color: Don't have one. I end up liking a lot of different colors and cant really narrow it down.
Favorite Food: Any kind of soup, anything spicy, and of course... GRAVY! I love the stuff cant get enough of it. Weird? I know.
Favorite Animal: Again I cant narrow it down.
And now I am just running out of ideas for favorite so you are welcome to ask away!
Soooo on to the next thing.
I am sort of a gun nut. Really, I am. Not in the I-collect-them-and-one-day-will-destroy-the-world-with-them kind of way but more of the I-have-been-raised-by-a-gun-nut-and-have-been-shooting-all-my-life-and-not-to-brag-but-I-totally-kick-butt kind of way.
Religiously?  I am bit of a religious wanderer. My father's side of the family is all Mormon, except for my grandma who is Pagan. My mother's side of the family is all Christian except for my mother who is also Pagan. So I never really got that family that took you to church every Sunday in hopes that you find a relationship with God type thing. I got "Honey, we give you free choice of what you want to believe in, because you are you and God is God no matter what the title." Which I gotta say was inspiring and all but it kind of just left me hanging by myself to make sense of the feelings in my heart and to answer my calling (which I still haven't figured out mine, but I will eventually). So I mainly turned to Paganism with my mother and grandmother, no I did not worship Idols, or sacrifice animals, or do any of that Gothic voodoo crap people think about when they think Pagan. Sorry, that's Wicca. Not Pagan. Pagan means "country dweller" or "a countryman". Two completely different things. Not similar. At all.
We good? Good.
So yea, it wasn't until recently when one of my good friends brought me to a place called Skullchurch that I have started to believe I have found my place. Now Skullchurch, no it isn't a cult or anything bad. I will spend another post on that.   But I basically found God and I believe that this is the path I need to be taking right now.
(If your interested in Skull Church check it out, follow this link~ Skull Church)
And that is basically I have right now on, well, me!
My hopes for this blog is just to sort of get my thoughts out there and use this as my own personal journal, so sorry if I am not very good at this whole blogging thing. But its my first on so hopefully it should get easier! I hope to somehow in some sort of way influence someone in my blog or maybe just introduce a new idea, or make someone think of something differently. So I hope, if your reading this you will stick with me. The Not-So-Average Teen as I try to fight my way thought this crazy thing called Life.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Not-So-Average-Teen,
    I learned a lot of things about you that I never knew! You are one cool chica! I will stick with you through thick and thin.
    Always and Forever,
    TravelBug

    ReplyDelete